December 10, 2017
- There will be a time of celebration in honor of Bill VerVelde’s Ordination and Installation after worship today. All are invited to the fellowship hall for cake and punch.
- The Gospel Project: 3-year-olds through 5th graders will meet today in the sanctuary as usual. After the large group lesson, 4th and 5th graders will be dismissed to join the celebration for Bill, while the 3 year olds-3rd graders practice for the Christmas Eve service.
- American Red Cross Blood Drive in Cedar Grove at the Faith Reformed Church, 243 S Fourth Street on Tuesday, December 12 from 1:00-5:00pm - NOTE NEW TIME. For an appointment visit redcrossblood.org or call 1-800-REDCROSS (1-800-733-2767). Walk-ins are welcome. Homemade lunch as a special thank you to presenting donors.
- Women’s Halftime Prayer Meeting is Friday, December 15th from 7:00-7:45pm. We will be praying about advent/Christmastime blessings and personal requests as needed. All women of the church are invited.
- Parents of Youth Choir: Please meet with Tammy Daane at the front of the sanctuary after worship this morning. The Youth Choir will practice for the Christmas Eve Program Wednesdays, December 13 and 20 from 4:00-6:15pm.
- Parents of 3yr olds through 3rd grade involved in the Christmas Eve Program: Parts were given out. Practices are during Sunday School as well as Saturday, December 16 from 10:00-10:30am and Wednesday, December 20 from 5:30-6:15pm. See Gail Brill with any questions.
- Thank you to everyone for your generosity in giving books and money for Preschool Bibles. We collected just short of $1,000 and I brought 45 boards books to the boutique (more coming). May you receive many blessings this Christmas season for you have blessed others! Beth Grosshuesch for Anchor of Hope
- Thank You! to everyone who donated toys to Christ Church’s toy store! Thanks to your donation, Milwaukee children who would not otherwise receive a gift, will have a brand new Christmas present this year!
- The amount received for the Pine Haven Resident Assistance Fund in the month of November was $859. An equal amount was sent from FPO Undesignated Missions.
- Many fall clothes are hanging next to the office door. Youth: S gray sweatshirt, 4/5 lavender fleece, 7/8 jean jacket, XS “every day is game day” shirt. Adult: L Under Armour, XXLT green nylon/blue fleece jacket, 8P tan jacket. Please claim them as they will be donated soon.
- Is your child ready for Communion? Check out the videos on the “Resources” page of our website for information and preparation.
- Looking for gift ideas? The Corner Store at Pine Haven’s Giddings Avenue campus and the General Store at Pine Haven’s Haven Drive campus are open to the public with beautiful hand-crafted items for sale. Open weekdays between 9:30am-2:30pm. Proceeds benefit the residents of Pine Haven.
- The Christmas Eve Program when our children share the Christmas Story begins at 6:00pm. Seats cannot be saved. Those who want to sit together should arrive together as early as needed to get the desired seats.
- FPO’s Closing Policy: FPO will close for any weather warning or tornado watch. If that warning or watch is cancelled one hour prior to a planned church activity, church will be open. FPO will also close if the Oostburg Pubic School District closes or cancels activities.
- Apps and Zerts Extravaganza! Fire up your kitchens for the first ever Apps and Zerts Extravaganza! Who can cook the best appetizers? Who can bake the best desserts? FPO will decide on Sunday January 28th at 6pm in the fellowship hall. Sign up on the youth wall to cook/bake/eat.
Bill's Box of Youth Announcements
- Middle and High School do NOT have Sunday School today. 3 year old through 5th grade have Christmas program practice.
- High School Meeting tonight December 10th 5:00-6:30pm at the youth house.
- High School Christmas party is Sunday, December 17th 5:00-6:30pm. Wear an ugly Christmas sweater.
- Middle School Christmas party is Wednesday, December 20 6:30-8:00pm.
- The Gospel Project schedule has lots of openings for middle and high school pod shepherds (small group leaders). This is a fantastic opportunity to take an active role in your child’s learning. Head to the church website, click “The Gospel Project” logo and sign up for a date!
Use the church calendar to keep up with the latest events and happenings @ FPO.