October 21, 2018
- The rose marks the birth of Berkley Marie Woepse on October 15 at 9:41pm. She was 8 lbs 8 oz and 21" long. Congratulations to Brandon and Carla! We praise God for the addition of this new life to our church family.
- Parents of 3 year olds-3rd graders: If your child will be participating in the Christmas Eve Program, please print their name on the list on the FPO wall in the foyer. The deadline is TODAY.
- The 4th-8th graders who are NOT in the Youth Choir, but would like to be in the Christmas Eve Program are asked to be in touch with Amanda Bollar or contact the church office.
- This Wednesday, October 24 is the Fall Fellowship Supper and Auction. Supper begins at 6:00pm and the Auction follows the supper. The proceeds from the auction go to FPOYM and the Operation Christmas Child shipping expense.
- There is no Wednesday Night Gospel Project (aka Bible Class) this Wednesday, October 24, due to the Fall Fellowship Supper.
- It Is Hingham’s Turn To Host The Community Reformation Service on Sunday, October 28 at 7:00pm. Special music will be provided by soloist Hannah Harmeling as well as a Community Worship Choir with piano duet accompaniment by cousins Michelle Huibregtse and Nikki Mills. If you are willing to sing in the Community Choir please attend rehearsal at 6:20pm on the night of the service.
- For the month of October, the Gospel Project kids will be working together to collect items for Operation Christmas Child boxes. Each Pod (classroom) will be challenged to fill one box. Will you take your child(ren) shopping for these items? It will be a blessing for all involved. Thank you for your help!
- 3-4 year olds will be collecting items for a BOY ages 2-4.
- Kindergarten-1st graders will be collecting items for a GIRL ages 5-9.
- 2nd-3rd graders will be collecting items for a BOY ages 5-9.
- 4th-5th graders will be collecting items for a GIRL ages 10-14.
- Operation Christmas Child: Consider including a reusable plastic container such as a cup, water bottle, plate, bowl, blunt-edged utensils. (Consider filling an empty container with non-liquid items such as combs, markers, sunglasses, or washcloths to maximize the space.)
- Operation Christmas Child deadline: Please have filled shoeboxes to church by November 4th.
- Gospel Project supplies: Please sign up on the FPO board to donate items needed for the Gospel Project.
- The Personnel Team will meet in the room that used to be the nursery after worship on November 4.
- Pine Haven Women’s Auxiliary Firehouse Pizza Fundraiser will take place on Thursday, November 1, from 4:00-8:00pm. A percentage of all sales during this time will be donated to benefit the residents of Pine Haven. Enjoy great food - eat in or carry out - while helping to support the mission of Pine Haven!
- Pancake Fundraiser - Please come out and support the ministry of Campus Life at our Pancake Fundraiser. Saturday, November 3rd from 7:30-11:00 am. Tickets can be purchased at the door or online at www.GoCampusLife.com.
- Be a blessing to caregivers - FPO will be providing a treat to the staff of the Aurora Behavioral Health floor on the first Monday of the month. There are a total of 30 caregivers. If anyone is interested in preparing a simple baked good or has another idea of a way to bless these caregivers, please contact Nancy Trimberger (920-564-2793) or Katie Kruis (920-912-2011.)
- Additional nominations for Elder, Deacon or Trustee - The Nominating Team is beginning their work of presenting qualified people for offices of the church. The FPO bylaws state:”Additional nominations of qualified persons may be made in writing to the Clerk of Session by any eligible voter with consent of the person nominated. Nominations must be received by the Clerk prior to the November Session meeting, and are subject to oversight and authority of the Session.” Please submit nominations to Clerk Adam Brill before the session meeting on Monday, November 5.
- Our church is one of the churches in charge of making crafts for the Pine Haven Craft and Bake Sale in December. Any items would be appreciated like wooden items, centerpieces, jewelry, dish towels, mittens, caps, etc. Any questions call Mary Brill at 564-3553.
- Is your child ready for Communion? Check out the videos on the “Resources” page of our website for information and preparation.
Bill's Box of Youth Announcements
- Running FPOYM Calendar
- 10/24: Fall Fellowship Supper and Auction
- 10/31: MS-Small Group, HS-Large Group
- 11/7: MS-Large Group, HS-Small Group
- 11/10-11/11: Middle School Retreat
- Fall Fellowship Supper and Auction is this week Wednesday October 24 at 6pm. Jobs: Students should be signed up for a job. If not, please sign up on the youth wall. Bars: Each youth ministry family should bring a pan of bars for the supper. Auction Item: The deadline for high school auction items was last Sunday. Please get your auction item in if you have not already.
- Middle School Fall Retreat is November 10-11 at the Wilderness Resort. Cost is $50. Signup on the youth wall.
- Buffalo Wild Wings Home Team Advantage fundraiser: Say "Team A" when you dine at BWW and FPOYM receives 10% of your bill.
Use the church calendar to keep up with the latest events and happenings @ FPO.