October 15, 2017
- October is Pastor Appreciation Month. Please remember to honor and encourage Pastor Brian and Bill during the month and keep them in your prayers.
- Dave and Deb Eernisse who serve with Wycliffe Bible Translators will share during the service today and in the Adult Sunday School Class.
- The “Commitment of Time & Talent” cards have been in foyer boxes. Please fill out the card and place it in the church office box in the south bank of foyer boxes or the offering plate TODAY or as soon as possible. Responses are used to obtain nursery volunteers, funeral help and much more!
- The Nominating Team meets briefly after worship in lounge TODAY and Monday, October 23 at 6:30pm.
- The Van Loons are grateful for meals that are brought in. There is a sign-up sheet on the FPO wall for those who would like to help out.
- Women’s “Halftime” Prayer Meeting will be today from 7:00-7:45pm. We will be praying about faith and power in the Spirit.
- The Blessing Blanket Ministry will meet tomorrow at 9:00am.
- Parents of 3 year olds-3rd graders: If your child will be participating in the Christmas Eve Program, please print their name on the list on the FPO wall in the foyer. The deadline is October 22.
- Fall Fellowship Supper: There is a sign-up sheet on the FPO wall for those that plan to attend the supper on Wednesday, October 25 at 6:00pm.
- The FPO Auction will be Wednesday, October 25. A sign-up sheet for donations of good or services is on the FPO board.
- Pan of Bars? Please sign up on the FPO wall if you are willing to make a 9x13 pan of bars for a fellowship time after the Reformation Service. Please have bars to the church kitchen by 4:30pm on October 29.
- Community Reformation Service – Sunday, October 29, at 6:00pm at the First Presbyterian Church. An offering will be received for Pine Haven Christian Communities. A time of light refreshments and fellowship will follow the service.
- Enjoy a concert at Oostburg Christian Reformed Church on Friday, November 3, at 7:00 p.m. Rachel (Zylstra) Walkinshaw will be performing her Songs of Faith and Doubting. Freewill donations will be accepted, a portion of which will be donated to Anchor of Hope. Confessional, candid, and searching, Rachel’s music over the years has found a home in church sanctuaries and in dimly-lit music bars alike. Attending to themes of resonance - the difficulty and necessity of faith, the questioning of one’s purpose, and the daily commitment of belief - she has compiled Songs of Faith and Doubting. It is a collection of theologically-bent originals and new hymn arrangements given to provoke worship, empathy, inspiration and conversation.
- Walkers and Prayer Warriors prepare: Anyone interested in doing a prayer circle around parts of Oostburg should meet at church at 8:00am on Saturday, November 4. If you can walk, if you can pray and if you are available, please consider this prayer blessing over Oostburg.
- Rock the Block Christian Music Festival ~ Saturday, November 4 from 11:00am-7:00pm at River Rock Community Church, 3836 Enterprise Drive in Sheboygan. Brats, hamburgers, potato salad, desserts, drinks, etc. being served. No cost but donations appreciated. Come and enjoy some great uplifting music, fellowship and food!
- The Nominating Team is beginning their work of presenting people for offices of church. The FPO bylaws state: “Additional nominations of qualified persons may be made in writing to the Clerk of Session by any eligible voter with consent of the person nominated. Nominations must be received by the Clerk prior to the November Session meeting, and are subject to oversight and authority of the Session.” Please submit nominations to Clerk Eric Meinen before the session meeting on Monday, November 6.
- Operation Christmas Child information has been in your foyer boxes. Fill your own box(es) and place them under the FPO board before November 12. New this year: DO NOT INCLUDE TOOTHPASTE, CANDY OR GUM.
- Love INC is hiring for a Gap Ministry Coordinator to oversee our 12 Gap Ministries. Applications will be accepted for this position until November 15.
- The next Compton meal will be November 19th at Ronald McDonald House. Donation buckets will be placed in the foyer. Thank you for: 1. Donating your meal to families at the House and 2. Supporting our trip to Compton.
Bill's Box of Youth Announcements
- Bill is on vacation through tomorrow speaking at Ronald McDonald House. There is Sunday school today for middle and high school students.
- High School $25 retreat deposits were due last week. High School Retreat is December 1-3 in Door County. We will organize a ride to arrive later on Friday night for those who have games. FPOYM High School has received session permission to take communion at their winter retreat during the 2017-2018 school year. Parents, if you believe your child is ready to begin taking communion, please take the first step by watching the communion resource videos on the church website: oostburgfpc.org/resources
- High School Students, please have your auction item to Bill by today so that they can be entered into the silent auction in the foyer.
- Middle and High School students will wash dishes after supper for the Fall Fellowship Auction on Wednesday October 25th.
- Youth Ministry Wish List: The youth ministry has several needs and wants which are posted on the youth wall. Thank you for your firm and unending support!
- Middle and High School Sunday school needs a substitute for Bill on November 12th, November 19th, December 3rd. If you could be the large group teacher on that Sunday, please talk to Bill.
Use the church calendar to keep up with the latest events and happenings @ FPO.