August 12, 2018
- This time of year many gardens are producing very well and some of you may have extra produce you are willing to share with others. If you have any extra produce you would like to share with families in need, please bring your produce to the kitchen at the First Reformed Church of Oostburg (927 Superior Ave.) on either Monday or Tuesday of this coming week and it will be distributed to approximately 30 families in need on Tuesday evening (August 14th). Thank you for your donations!
- There is an emergency blood shortage and donors are needed now. American Red Cross Blood Drive in Cedar Grove at the Faith Reformed Church, 243 S Fourth Street this Tuesday, August 14 from 1:00-5:00pm. For an appointment visit redcrossblood.org or call 1-800-REDCROSS (1-800-733-2767). Walk-ins are welcome. Homemade lunch as a special thank you to presenting donors.
- The September Newsletter deadline is this Tuesday, August 14. The August 26 and September 2 bulletin deadline is this Wednesday, August 15. The secretary will not be in the office or available August 17 through September 2.
- Donna Lammers Kranendonk visitation will be held at Wenig Funeral Home in Oostburg on Saturday, August 18 from 3:00pm to 5:00pm with a memorial service following at 5:00pm. Donna Kranendonk, wife of Dr. Donald Kranendonk, passed July 24 in Jupiter, Florida.
- Remember Nhu home - Courtney Jacobson will be meeting on Monday, August 27 at 6:30pm with Brian Taylor and others from First Reformed Church to begin planning on how FPO and First Reformed Oostburg can work together in building another needed Remember Nhu home in Thailand. This planning will include fundraising and possibly taking a missions team to Thailand. If you are interested please contact Courtney.
- If you would like a Gospel Project T-Shirt or if you would like to order one for your child, there are order forms on the ledge in the foyer. Please return completed forms to Courtney Jacobson (place in her church mailbox). The kids and volunteers will be encouraged to wear them to kick off the school year, so the sooner the form is returned, the better!
- Please sign up on the FPO wall if you would be willing to bring a meal to Pastor Paul and Mary Jane Van Loon.
- Is your child ready for Communion? Check out the videos on the “Resources” page of our website for information and preparation.
- Advanced notice: Pine Haven Women’s Auxiliary Autumn Festival on September 8 from 1:30 – 6:00pm featuring a brat fry, baked goods, crafts and music from the Big Cedar Bluegrass Band, held at Pine Haven’s new Haven Drive campus community center (220 Haven Drive, Sheboygan Falls). We will be needing donations of baked goods, produce and canned goods. Each church is also asked to donate 3 pies. Contact Sue Lensink or Mrs. Mark Brill if you are willing to donate a pie. All items should be in the church kitchen that day, September 8, by 10:30am.
- Living Proof Beth Moore Simulcast September 15, 2018 at Campus Life 9:00am-4:30pm. Doors open at 8:30am. Session begins at 9:00am. Cost is $15 and includes lunch. Soda and snacks will be available for purchase. Join Beth Moore and thousands of women worldwide as she shares truth to guide your own journey of faith. No ticket sales the day of the event. You must pre-register by September 8th.
- On October 11-13, 2018 St. Paul Lutheran Church, 730 County Road PPP, Sheboygan Falls, WI will be hosting the 6th Annual Feed My Starving Children Mobile Pack event. The goal for the weekend is to pack 155,000 meals at the cost of $34,215 (only $.022 per meal) with 800 volunteers giving just 2 hours of their time. The money raised goes entirely to pay for the ingredients of the Pack. Teams should register with Diana Schircel at firstname.lastname@example.org or 550.2170 prior to August 20. Individual registrations open August 31 via www.stpaulfalls.com or contact Diana at email@example.com or 550.2170. Fliers are on the FPO shelf.
- The people of FPO together donated 120 boxes to Operation Christmas Child last year. Let's see if we can exceed that number this year!
Bill's Box of Youth Announcements
- Bonfire at Daane's Cottage August 15th 6:00-9:00pm. Bring a snack to share. The address is N1809 Woods End Oostburg, WI. Parking is limited so here are the two option to get there: Have someone drop you off. Meet in the church parking lot at 6:00 for a carpool.
- Youth ministry parents, please mark your calendars for Wednesday, August 29 at 7:00. This is our beginning of the year meeting.
- Youth Ministry Year 2018-2019 kicks off Wednesday, September 5 from 6:30-8:00pm. Middle school will meet as a large group, high school will meet in small groups.
- Gospel Project Sunday School begins September 9, 10:45-11:30am
- Pastor Bill's day off has been moved to Fridays.
Use the church calendar to keep up with the latest events and happenings @ FPO.