February 18, 2018
- The Blessing Blanket Ministry meets tomorrow at 9:00am. All women are invited to come.
- Women’s Halftime Prayer Meeting meets tomorrow from 7:00-7:45pm.
- As part of his continuing education this year, Pastor Brian will be traveling to Thailand with Rev. Bob Abel tomorrow through February 27th. He will have the chance to visit the facilities of Remember Nhu and minister to the girls who have been rescued from sex slavery, as well as the incredible staff and missionaries who live and work with them. On behalf of the congregation, and in recognition of the amazing work being done by Remember Nhu, the Session has authorized $1950 from Undesignated Missions that Pastor Brian will deliver to Remember Nhu as a blessing to the staff. Please be praying for Pastor Brian and Rev. Bob Abel as they travel, for physical and spiritual protection, and that God will use this trip mightily in their lives and in the lives of the girls, staff, and missionaries in Thailand.
- If you have been thinking about volunteering at The Gathering Place, now is the time to get involved as we will be having Paula Gibson a Certified Dementia Practitioner conducting volunteer training for us Monday, February 19th. We are pleased to have her train our current and potential volunteers. Please call Carol at 467-5143 Ext. 2 or email email@example.com for more information or to sign up.
- This Wednesday - 5:30 Meal and 6:30 Lenten Family Gathering - Topic: Maundy Thursday “A Last Meal” - This year we’re going to be taking a walk through Holy Week in a series titled “All in One Week”. Using the exciting format of the LFGs, with games, song, and solid teaching, we will walk and talk together about Palm Sunday, Maundy Thursday, Good Friday, Holy Saturday, and Easter in a way that will both entertain and educate every member of your family. We hope to see you there! P.S. There’s a meal beforehand too, so we’re saving you the trouble of cooking! Please sign up if you plan to eat.
- A representative from The Gideons will share with us next Sunday. Please make checks out to the church and mark “THE GIDEONS” on your offering/envelope and place it in the plate next Sunday, February 25.
- All are invited to celebrate Ken Stokdyk’s 97th birthday on Saturday, February 24 from 2:00-4:00 in the Community Center at the Haven Drive Campus of Pine Haven.
- Is your child ready for Communion? Check out the videos on the “Resources” page of our website for information and preparation.
- Would you help a Neighbor in Need? Bethel OP and Bethany Lutheran - the Love INC Kitchen Starter Kit Gap ministry, is in desperate need of pots and pans. We accept gently used or new pots and pans. This is a highly requested item in our ministry. You can drop off any of these items at Bethel, Monday–Wednesday from 8:30–noon. Thank you in advance for helping with this.
- Pine Haven is hiring. We have both full and part-time positions in Dining Services and for clinical staff (CNAs, RAs, and nurses). Apply online at www.pinehaven.org/careers/
- Free Three Year Old Development Screenings will be available for residents of the Oostburg School District on Wednesday, March 7 from 9:15am - 5:00pm at the Elementary School for children born between November 1, 2014 and June 30, 2015. If you need more information or would like to schedule an appointment, please call 920-564-2392 by March 2.
- Good Fellowship Luncheon - Whether you experienced a recent loss, or one years ago, we welcome you to join us for a social gathering, simply to dine amongst friends instead of eating alone. There is NO agenda, just a time together in a relaxed atmosphere with good food and good conversation with old friends and new. Organized and hosted by Wenig Funeral Homes, one of our funeral directors will reserve tables and dine with the attendees. Wednesday, March 7, 2018 11:30am–1:00pm at Falls Café, 1118 Plankview Green Blvd, Sheboygan Falls. Please call 920-467-3431 if you are planning to attend by Tuesday, March 6, 2018. Dutch Treat (order off the menu and pay on your own). We hope to see you there!
- Volunteers needed: The Oostburg School District is hosting a huge music festival called Solo & Ensemble on March 16 & 17. Volunteers are needed to act as room monitors, concession sellers and office workers. People who can help for the day, a half-day and even those who can spare a couple of hours are appreciated. Sign up one of 2 ways:
- 1. Email or call Siera Williams – Festival Volunteer Coordinator at Siera.Williams@oostburg.k12.wi.us or 920-564-2383 x1153
- 2. Visit the online sign-up: http://www.signupgenius.com/go/60b0f4baca722a6f85-solo
Bill's Box of Youth Announcements
- There is high school meeting tonight 5:00-6:30pm.
- Compton Training: Students and leaders coming to Compton must attend the first round of Compton trainings. If you missed the time this past Wednesday, then you must attend tonight's training from 6:30-7:45 in the sanctuary. These trainings are required for trip attendance.
- FPOYM High School Meeting Time Survey: High school students, parents, leaders. Please visit facebook.com/fpoym and complete the meeting time survey by Wednesday February 28th. Current 8th grade students and parents should complete the survey as well.
- Middle school weekly meetings are moved to Lenten Family Gatherings through Wednesday, March 14th.
Use the church calendar to keep up with the latest events and happenings @ FPO.