August 20, 2017
- Show your First Presbyterian Oostburg pride with FPO and FPOYM Apparel! Visit the apparel booth in the foyer and fill out an order form. Your order helps support FPOYM. Order forms and payment due TODAY.
- Bible Class is starting again soon and we are in need of more teachers. Please see Nathan Leaman or Gail Brill if you are able to help.
- Bible Class for the 2nd through 5th Grade begins on Wednesday, September 6, at 6:15pm.
- The Gospel Project starts Sunday, September 10th! If you are interested in volunteering for this exciting new Sunday School curriculum and format, please see Courtney Jacobson.
- Join the Pine Haven Women’s Auxiliary on September 9 from 1:30 – 6:00pm at our annual Autumn Festival. Featuring a brat fry, baked goods, crafts, a raffle, and from 3-4 there will be live entertainment by the Big Cedar Bluegrass Band. Held at Pine Haven’s new Haven Drive campus community center. (220 Haven Drive, Sheboygan Falls). Our church is asked to supply 4 pies, in disposable pie tins. Please call Sue Lensink at 564-3571 or Mary (Mark) Brill at 564-3553 if you can supply a pie. Have all items to church by 9:00am on September 9th.
- Interested in becoming a Covenant Partner of FPO, or just learning more about it? There will be an informational meeting led by Pastor Brian Jacobson Sunday, September 17, from 2:00-3:00pm in the Chapel Area. Anyone interested in joining the church is welcome. Please sign up on the FPO board in the foyer.
- Pine Haven Christian Communities’ Annual Meeting & Dinner of the Corporation will be held on Monday, September 18th at 6:00pm in our Haven Drive campus community center. For tickets, please contact Karen Perronne at 920-550-5256 or via email at email@example.com.
- The Gathering Place is seeking more volunteers to help with our ever-expanding social model day program. We are now open 4 days a week (3 in Sheboygan Falls and 1 in Sheboygan). So many outings, activities, community service, art and just fun socializing opportunities are available for you to be part of while making a huge difference in someone’s life. We also have a few openings for participants. Please call Carol at 920-467-5143 Ext. 2 for more information.
- The Refugee Support Community of Sheboygan is collecting new and gently used shoes for new refugee families. See the bulletin board for more information.
- Is your child ready for Communion? Check out the videos on the “Resources” page of our website for information and preparation.
Bill's Box of Youth Announcements
- Beginning of the school year meeting for FPOYM parents and students. Two time slots, so pick which one works best for you: Sunday, August 27, 5:00-6:00pm or Wednesday, August 30 7:30-8:30pm.
- Middle School kicks off Wednesday, September 6, 6:30-8:00pm at the youth house.
- High School kicks off on Sunday, September 10.
- As part of the new Sunday school structure, middle and high school will both meet at the youth house throughout the 2017-2018 school year. Sunday school runs from 10:45 to 11:30. If any parents or youth ministry leaders are interested in being a pod shepherd or large group substitute, please contact Bill. More details about the new Sunday school format will be given at the beginning of the year meeting.
- FPOYM High School has received session permission to take communion at their winter retreat during the 2017-2018 school year. Parents, if you believe your child is ready to begin taking communion, please take the first step by watching the communion resource videos on the church website: oostburgfpc.org/resources
- Buffalo Wild Wings Home Team Advantage fundraiser. Pick up your cards at the youth wall or say "Team A" when you dine at BWW. FPOYM receives 10% of your bill.
Use the church calendar to keep up with the latest events and happenings @ FPO.