February 24, 2019
- Wednesdays in Lent - March 6 through April 3.
6:30pm - The Adults will meet in the sanctuary and view the DVD lessons “Jesus Among Secular Gods” by Ravi Zacharias and Vince Vitale which challenges scientism, pluralism, humanism, relativism and hedonism, pointing out the fallacies in their claims and presenting compelling evidence for absolute truth as found in Jesus.
6:30pm - FPOYM will continue with their usual Wednesday schedule.
6:30pm - The children birth - 5th grade will gather.
- Are you willing to take the lead on a Lenten Family Meal? That means preparing the main course and setup/serving/clean up. The goal is to have 5 different groups take the lead. Tammy Daane or Joan Hilbelink can answer questions you might have. A sign-up sheet to take the lead is on the FPO wall.
Is your child ready for Communion? Check out the videos on the “Resources” page of our website for information and preparation.
- Second Worship Experience. The 3 trial Worship Experience dates will be the following Sundays: March 17, April 14, May 19. Our schedule on those dates: 9:00 - 10:15 First Service; 10:30 - 11:15 Gospel Project (in sub-basement); 11:15 - Noon Worship Experience. Those that attend the 11:15 Worship Experience are encouraged to bring a non FPO friend or family member.
- Need help with a small project? People have volunteered to help the elderly, homebound, recovering from surgery or any other person who is in need of help with a small project such as replacing a toilet seat, water faucet, light bulb, or yard clean-up, etc. Contact Butch DuMez at 920-564-3170.
- Take a stand for life – March 6 – April 14, our community will take part in 40 Days for Life. We pray that, with God’s help, this will mark the beginning of the end of abortion in Sheboygan — and beyond. The goal is to have 2 people holding signs from 7:00am-7:00pm for 40 days. You can sign up for the hour of your choosing with Joan in the church office or at 40daysforlife.com/local-campaigns/sheboygan The Kick-off Rally is Sunday, March 3 at 4:00pm at the Knights of Columbus Hall. Speaker: Dan Miller, Director of Pro-Life Wisconsin.
- The Gathering Place Annual Soup Cook Off, Sunday, March 3rd from 10:45-1:15. Featuring 20 different all you can sample soups, desserts and breads at St Paul Lutheran Church in Sheboygan Falls. Cost is $12-adults, $5-kids 4-12. Vote for your favorite soup or chili. Questions 920-627-6847.
- The Blood Center of Wisconsin - Part of Versiti will be at Bethel Church (629 Center Avenue, Oostburg) on Monday, March 18 from 2:00pm–6:00pm. Your blood donation ensures that we have enough blood to meet demand in our communities. Please visit bit.ly/oostburgmar2019 or call 877-232-4376 to Save the Day!
- Community Craft-In – Saturday, March 30 10:00am-2:00pm at Pine Haven, 220 Haven Drive, Sheboygan Falls. Local crafters are invited to come work on their craft. You’ll get space to set up and work. Don’t know any craft? Now’s your chance to learn! Those attending are invited to watch crafters work, ask questions, and find out how to get started in a craft you’ll love!
Running FPOYM Calendar
- 2/27: MS-Large Group, HS-Small Group
- 3/6: MS-Small Group, HS-Large Group
- 3/13: MS-Large Group, HS-Small Group
- 3/20: MS-Small Group, HS-Large Group
Use the church calendar to keep up with the latest events and happenings @ FPO.