June 24, 2018
- Reception - Pastor Steve Bakker is retiring after serving Hingham Reformed Church for over 26 years! In appreciation for his faithful leadership, please join us for a farewell reception from 10:30am-2:00pm on TODAY in the church fellowship hall. A light lunch will be served.
- Next Sunday we will come to the Lord’s Table. To prepare to partake, let us examine our lives this week, asking the Lord to show us any areas where we may be out of His will. Praying through Psalm 51 can help us to examine our lives in this way.
- Please sign up on the FPO wall if you would be willing to bring a meal to Pastor Paul and Mary Jane Van Loon.
- Is your child ready for Communion? Check out the videos on the “Resources” page of our website for information and preparation.
Summer Gospel Project - Calling all 3 year olds through 5th graders
“Be Brave! Be Strong! Be Courageous!”
July 30, July 31, August 1
Monday through Wednesday
Registration forms are in foyer boxes of families with 3yrs olds - 5th graders. Extras are on the FPO wall. Registrations can be placed in the box labeled “Summer Gospel Project” by July 15 (if possible).
Volunteer forms are in foyer boxes with the following opportunities!
Welcome Leader - (2 People) Sit at a table by the entrance, sign kids in by giving them their name tag, and sending them up to the sanctuary.
Music and Motion Leader - (1 Person) Someone leading in song, dance, etc.
Tech Leader - (1 Person) Run the sound and video.
Pod Shepherd - (4 People/1 per age group) Breaking up into small groups to reinforce the big lesson with age appropriate activities.
Pod Support - (8 People/2 per age group) Be “crowd control” and help with whatever is needed to keep the kids on task.
Snack Leader - (3 People) Organize and Serve the snack.
Craft Leader - (3 People) Organize and lead the craft, only needed for Day 1 & 2. (with the help of Pod Shepherd/Support)
Game Leader - (?? People) Organize and lead outside active activities. Day 1 and 2 will be half of the group, Day 3 will be all of the kids.
Floater - (?? People) Be available to help where needed.
Forms can be placed in the box labeled “Summer Gospel Project.”
Bill's Box of Youth Announcements
- Final Compton Meeting is this Wednesday, June 27 at 6:30 in the sanctuary.
- Compton Girls Day Monday, July 9th 5:00-7:00pm at Hannah Leaman's house.
- Middle School at Noah's Ark Wednesday, July 18th. Please pick up a permission/details sheet from the youth wall. Forms and money are due July 1st.
- Youth ministry parents, please mark your calendars for Wednesday, August 29 at 6:30. This is our beginning of the year meeting.
Use the church calendar to keep up with the latest events and happenings @ FPO.